Position Available: Graduate Internship
We are looking for a bright candidate with a vibrant personality who is ready to join our small, successful team. Personality and determination to do an excellent job are as important as experience and qualifications for this role.
Role: Graduate Internship
Location: Woking, Surrey
Term: Full Time 6-12 month programme
Who we are
Clarus Wealth is an independent Chartered financial planning and wealth management firm. We offer the breadth of experience and capabilities of a large city firm but with the tailored, attentive and personalised service you would expect from a smaller company. We are passionate about responsible investing and seeking to promote a more sustainable future.
About the role
Joining our dynamic team, you will be supported with training and exposure to our leadership team. Your role will provide you with the opportunity to become proficient in all aspects of financial advice as you build a strong solid platform to launch your career.
You will learn:
- Financial administration required to exceed our clients expectations
- How to work within an inter-dependent team to deliver an outstanding service for clients
- The compliance and regulatory aspects of the profession
- Delivering reports for clients that are technically competent and presented to a high standard
- The different tools available and how to use them to assist with research in delivering financial planning and wealth management for private clients
Months 1-3: Financial Administration
- Essential administration tasks, including client welcoming, how to communicate with clients, diary management for advisers.
- Valuation reports and meeting preparation for advisers, to include producing client valuation reports and preparing documentation for client meetings.
- Packaging and sending client reports and monitoring resulting actions required.
- Processing new business applications and liaising with providers and clients to ensure a smooth process.
- Taking administration responsibility for a designated portfolio of clients.
Months 4-6: Advanced Financial Administration
- Learn how to place trades for clients and monitor investment portfolios.
- Understand the compliance process for new business and maintain accurate records.
Months 7-12: Junior Paraplanning
- Work alongside a designated Financial Adviser to:
- Undertake research both independently and with the Financial Planner to identify suitable solutions to meet clients’ needs
- Prepare suitability letters in accordance with the agreed recommendations
- Build Cashflow Models to support the Financial Adviser’s research and recommendations.
- Pre-complete application forms
- Ensure all compliance paperwork is in order under the supervision of the adviser
- Implement investment strategies
Key Experience & Skills
- Dealing effectively with client queries providing excellent client service at all times.
- Able to multi-task and work to deadlines, ensuring quality is never compromised.
- The ability to use initiative and problem solve.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, particularly paying attention to detail – both internally and externally.
- Approach work positively with a can-do attitude.
- Be confident and discreet.
- Maintain our company brand.
- A willingness to work as a team member.
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge of the Microsoft packages.
- Happy, motivated and keen to work within a small successful business.
If we have sparked your interest, please send us a copy of your CV and a cover letter or short video introducing yourself and explaining why you feel you would be suited to join our team as a Graduate Intern and what excites you most about the opportunity.
- Submit your CV and cover letter or short video to [email protected]
- Attend for interview lasting approximately 2 hours during which you will be required to:
- Give a short presentation on a subject provided ahead of the interview
- Undertake a skills test
- Meet the team